Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, April 4, 2009

6 myles - 1.13:57

Treadmill - Noon
freezing rain/snow, windy, mid 20s
mind/body - so-so
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 30-60 minutes walking fast

Actual workout: 6 myles 1.13:57 avg. 4.87 MPH - 4.1 MPH x 3 laps, 7 MPH x 1 lap repeated 5 times @ 12% grade. Last mile @ 9 MPH

What a miserable day outside! I was gonna head over to Mt. Falcon this morning but when I woke up at 6 I heard the wind and rain pelting my window. I was surprised there wasn't that much snow (foot or so was predicted) but the freezing rain is what put the covers back on.

Although this workout turned out better than I thought; walking speed 4.1 and threw in a lap @ 7 for a little LT training - repeated 5 times at 12% grade. And because HR is so much transitioning from walking uphill to flat or downhill running, I ran the last mile flat @ 9 and felt great!

The forecast for tomorrow is supposed to be 30s and sunny. My plan is to get to Mt Falcon at 7:30 and hope that most of the mud is covered by snow or at least frozen until I'm done.

1 comment:

Paul DeWitt said...

I guess it was good that we postponed the long Falcon CRUD run! We had 7 show up for the run down here. Wicked windy but not too much snow in the Springs. At our house in Palmer Lake it is another story; heavy snow all day.
Hope you are able to get out tomorrow for hte long run.
- paul