Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

7 myles - 1.02:25

Matthews Winters - noon
70s, muddy/slush, windy
mind/body - good/stiff legs
easy effort

I guess it's that time when I start adding up all the elevation - no more flat, black tarmac for the rest of the year (I hope). Today was a nice, easy loop around Matthews Winters with just about 1000ft of climbing. I would presume this is the perfect route training for Zane Gray because of all the rocks. Getting up on the Hogback the smell of the Ponderosa pines takes me back to the Colorado trail last summer, in particular, the section above Buena Vista.

I received some pictures from Peter Lindgren that he took at the Buffalo race last weekend. This picture of Jaxon is what it's ALL about! Thanks Peter!

Jaxon finishing the Buffalo 25K with a smile!

3 comments:

Manners said...

AWESOME PICTURE!!!!!
Jaxon is a stud and very inspiring.

Erik said...

Great photo! Wish I could have stuck around to see him finish. Very impressive run on your part. I thought you definitely had it. If I didn't already know where to turn, i probably would have missed it. The arrows were pretty dusted over.

Maybe if you and Ryan would have slowed down and waited for me, I could have helped you out on the Mtn View out and back and the finish. :) Good luck at Zane Grey and see you in Poky.

Anonymous said...

Great job & a big congrats to Jaxon! And not too bad of a job for his old man either.
Cheers,
BFish