Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

10K - 38:50

Lone Tree loop - 4:00 P.M.
40s, raining, getting sloppy
mind/body - antsy/GOOD!
Hard effort

I decided I would let it go today and see what came of it.... It's all good! Got my calf sleeves from the FedEx guy, slipped em on, and took off. I was really surprised how solid my calf felt - probably mental but doesn't placebo effect count for something? 6.15s with elevation. The confidence booster I was looking for!

3 comments:

Jon Allen said...

Looks like you're ready to go. I'll be looking for you at the finish (I hope I can finish my 25k before you finish your 50m). Good luck.

Unknown said...

I hope so... we'll see if I have any endurance past 50K. I thought you were in the 50K? I know you were dealing with some sort of injury, hip? Looking forward to meeting you Jon.

Jon Allen said...

Yeah, I still have my hip issue and haven't had a run longer than 17 miles since Rocky Raccoon... so dropped down to the 25k. I've got some friends doing the 50k, 50m, and one doing a 100m (50 on his own pre-race, then run the official 50). I look forward to seeing the finish of the 50m- should be a good race.