Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, March 21, 2010

10K - 1.15:25

Lone Tree Loop - 8:00 A.M.
20s, snow, frozen mud
mind/body - good/fickle calf
easy effort

With Jaxon again today. A little slower than last week partly due to the snow and Jaxon got a side ache so we slowed a bit. He's excited to run next Saturday, Dad not so much... One day the calf is good, the next it's acting up. So the recovery from Caumsett and the prep for Buffalo has been anything less than ideal but that's the way it goes sometimes. I still think I should be fine with a couple more days off. I bought some of these to help with the calf although there is no scientific proof they work so if anything will help with peace of mind. So when you see me with these on, know there's a reason - not just looking to make a fashion statement.

Check this out. I've downed a dozen of those babies before but not for speed and certainly didn't have to run afterward. Maybe the next CRUD eating challenge?? Last, did you check out the video on the side bar "Dancin Myles"? Now THAT is funny!

6 comments:

Manners said...

Dancin' Myles is awesome! Kinda reminds me of a guy I used to know back in 1992 in Texas around November.

Harsha said...

Scott,
Congrats to Jaxon on another good run. I know your calves will be 100% during the race. You will be flying especially with those compression sox. Are those the kind that Jamie D wears all the time? I bet they don't make ones that will fit my skinny calves. Take care Bud.

Unknown said...

Harsha - I don't know what kind Jamie D. wears. PI is currently doing some research to see if there's any benefit to these things.

I think they make kids calf sleeves that will fit...

brownie said...

We talked about the Krispy Kreme challenge on Saturday. The consensus is that most of us could down a dozen so quickly out bodies couldn't revolt until after the final 5K. Could be interesting. Don't think they have any more KK's in the Springs, do they have any in Denver?

Unknown said...

There is a Krispy Kreme off C470 and County Line. We could run along the C470 path 4 myles uphill from the South Platte Pkwy, eat, then run downhill - fast, throw up and the start beer mile.

The hardest part about this whole deal is getting you SCRUDers to come North...

brownie said...

We came north for the burrito challenge!