Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

8 myles - 1.02:34

Foothills trail - 4:00 P.M.
30s, cloudy, a little muddy
mind/body - good/still recovering
easy effort

Worked the day in Ft. Collins so I looked to the hills for a quick run. Sorry Nick woulda called but it was spur of the moment before I bolted back up to Cheyenne.

Gotta admit, I was a little rusty descending down the Foothills trail but it didn't take long to put a smile on my face. My legs are still a little stiff but as I sit here and type this the legs feel great. I also put in 6 myles yesterday along a path in Cheyenne. I notice when I start running sooner after a race I recover much quicker as opposed to taking a few days off.

I'm really looking forward to racing Buffalo 50 in a few weeks. I feel I can post a time close to the CR of 6.43. I don't know anything about the course so that might be a bold prediction, we'll see how the next couple of weeks go.


7 comments:

nmp said...

The course is pretty fast and I think running 6:30ish (or faster) would be reasonable. It is mostly smooth hard packed dirt with only about 5k ft of climbing...almost ideal for running a fast time.

Just watch out for the buffaloes!

Nick

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info Nick. I don't know what the weather was like last year and if it had any impact on your time. What I do know is that you are a fast little dude so if I can come close to your time I would be happy.

Erik said...

I agree with Nick. It's definitely a 6:30 course. Just not by me! If you can post an 8:05 at Squaw Peak, I think you've got a great shot at 6:40ish or faster. I look forward to chasing you yet again!!

Erik

brownie said...

Good call on the Modus Hoperandi. You need to try the Trinity Slap Yer Mammy if you like hops.

Jamie Donaldson said...

Hey Scott! Great run at CP! So fast! I was thinking about join the CRUD runners tomorrow. Are you going to be there? I wanted to do the whole out and back, but wasn't sure if anyone else was.

Unknown said...

Hey Jamie

I won't be doing CRUD run tomorrow but I know Rick, Paul, and Harsha will be there doing the whole deal. Wish I could make it.

Jamie Donaldson said...

Thanks Scott! I am looking forward to running with people! Very excited! Time for me to step up the training :)! Maybe next time!