Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

6 myles - 39:07

Grigs road - 8:00 A.M.
50s, clear, dry
mind/body - ready to go!
easy effort

Another test of leg speed - last two myles in 11:21 (5:40 avg.). I was a little surprised because the effort seemed easier than in the past. At this point, I need to be really careful of going out too fast. I know I can't hold that pace for very long so I'm hoping not to get caught up in what Mike W. is doing - I know he can hold that pace. My plan is 6:10s to start and then hold around 6:05s for as long as I can - I have no idea what's gonna happen after 26. I know that I was completely worked at the end of the marathon so going slower in the beginning will help me through those last 5 myles.

5 comments:

Jon Allen said...

Good luck this weekend! You seem to be in great shape and will kick some butt.

Matt Lonergan said...

Latino Deeno--I think your ready to go! Just run the rythym that you have trained to run...you will be good.

brownie said...

Good luck this weekend!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! Kinda nervous, which is unusual, but I'm excited nonetheless.

On another note, Oskar Blues is having a release party today @ 3 for their Gubna beer. That's my new fav.!

Manners said...

Just want to wish you luck buddy. You prepare better than anyone. Have fun and run hard.