Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, March 25, 2010

6 myles - 40:44

Grigs - 8:00 A.M.
30s, North wind, snowy
mind/body - ready to go
easy effort

Got out this morning amidst a ton of snow, and for good measure put in one mile @ 6:13. The best part is that my calf felt completely normal so no sense in talking about it any more. I feel very confident going into the race this weekend but only time will tell if I have the endurance yet. At any rate, I'm looking forward to catching up with so many friends and family.

To get under CR of 6.43 is a tall task for this profile


Last night Darcy Africa and I gave a presentation at Boulder Running Company in Boulder. My talk was on training, nutrition, and hydration, Darcy talked about racing and being a mom. In all only 12 people showed up but I thought the information was well received by all. Thanks to Pearl Izumi (in particular Kody Riley) for sponsoring the event and Jon Windemuller for hosting. Look for more of these types of events across the front range.

And, oh ya, I moved up on the HR wait list to #10

2 comments:

Stuart Swineford said...

Hey Scott...

Just FYI, the event last night was not well-publicized. I only heard about it via Twitter about an hour before it was to start and couldn't make it down. Just thought you might want to know why it might not have been very crowded.

~stubert.

Unknown said...

That's what I'm hearing. Boulder running company said they could have done a better job getting the message out but was limited on time. Having said that, we are going to do another one as it warms up and people start their racing season.