Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, March 13, 2010

8 myles - 1.01:13

Lone Tree loop - 8:00 A.M.
40s, clear, mostly dry
mind/body - good/twinge in left calf
easy effort

Remember how I said I recover quicker if I don't take so much time off after a race? Well the other side to that is running the risk of injury. Thursday when I woke up my left calf was tight but had no sign of it the day before during the run. DOMS?? Could be. But I took Thursday and Friday off just to be sure. Got out today and really didn't notice it until I started thinking about it half way through the run. At any rate, I'm taking all precautions by icing afterwards and not pushing it until next week. I'm very limited on time as far as getting any key workouts in before the Buffalo 50 but I hope to back to back 20 mile runs next week.

Just to remind everyone what spring looks like - photo by Glen Delmen

3 comments:

aj said...

like the new picture at least we can see your face...also nice workout clothes... new?

AJW said...

Most people who tweak their calves in March tend to drop at Zane Grey in April. Just sayin'

Great job at Caumsett!

Unknown said...

Jay-Dub - it's been said those who fling their left arm wildly trying to grasp something, ANYTHING to make them go faster are a sure no-show in the desert or sure to make excuses for finishing well over 10 hours...

just sayin...