Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, May 24, 2010

7 myles - 1.10:14

Green Mountain - noon thirty
60s, windy, dry
mind/body - strong
Hard effort

My second time up Green (amp/saddle/greenman) in my own individual time trial. And NO this was not an organized race (just in case any spy is reading). phfffttt... I was a little nervous to even try this today because I knew I wanted to post a good time and see how I compared to the heads of state (realizing their unofficial TT was in a sloppy mess to slow things up).

This time I knew where to start my watch so I made a 5 minute jog over to the Gregory TH from Chautauqua, started the watch and began the uphill slog. I've seen other reports of people taking splits but I have no idea where those are so I only have a time to the top - 32:57. And that hurt! Maybe with a little more practice I could shave off 20 or 30 seconds but that's about it. I was pretty cooked once I touched the pole - you know the lungs searing, feeling like you have blood in your mouth - kind of cooked. The trail was completely snow free, nearly all dry, and very few people to dodge. All I could think about on my way up is Tony going up this 4 times in a row!

5 comments:

Nick said...

Nice work, Scott! My 36 min ascent is looking lamer and lamer by the day. I know what I'll be doing next time I'm in Boulder.

Speaking of organized TTs, Monday morning (Memorial Day) is looking like the date for the next one - this time just west of Loveland. Already got a few ringers lined up, so hoping we can add you to the roster.

Lucho said...

Nice! Crazy trail eh?

Jeff Valliere said...

Nice run Scott! It took me years to get under 33 and even then, I have only done it twice. Might be running Mt. Evans on Thurs. if interested.

GZ said...

If your 36 is lame, my 38 is just piss poor. I think my best however might be in the 33s ... off a 38 and change from Chautauqua.

Crap ... thought I was done with that hill for a bit but now I need to go back.

For what it is worth, there is a quite a bit to consider on strategy of attacking that bugger. I find I really ought to hold back the front end and then push from the Greenman / Ranger cutoff on.

Nick - let's shoot for it Monday. Earlier the better for me.

brownie said...

Bummer, I gotta work Monday. Can someone bring a webcam and post minute by minute updates on the web?