Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, May 17, 2010

11 myles - 1.18:43

Coyote Ridge - 7 AM
50s, clear, dry
mind/body - surprisingly good
easy effort

I spent the afternoon on Saturday and most of yesterday taking care of the calf, fearing the worst. When I got home on Saturday I immediately applied RICE and took 2 grams of glutamine. Woke up Sunday morning went down to Wash park with the boys and did a 5K walk for the Arthritis Foundation. The calf was sore but not any worse than before. The rest of the day I massaged, glutamine, and RICE again.

This morning I woke up and felt great, still a little sore in the calf but a little less than yesterday. So I laced em up and went out at a pedestrian pace to see if I could feel anything... Sore - yes. Manageable - yes. The further I got into my run the better I felt. I figure if I stay on top of this one I will be fine as I enter a taper period. Normally I'm a 5 run/week guy but these last couple of weeks has been 6 and 7 (and even some doubles) so I'm feeling out my range here. I'm no spring chicken anymore...

3 comments:

Lucho said...

I think I live fairly close to you? I am about 20:00 from Golden. We should try to meet up for some runs!?

Unknown said...

I'm in Highlands Ranch. I thought from your daily runs you live in the mountains? Will travel though, we should meet up at Falcon one of these days.

Lucho said...

I live up near Golden Gate Canyon. I have been running a bit up Lookout Mountain and Beaver Brook which is pretty awesome. I'll look up Falcon and check it out.