Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, May 27, 2010

6.2 myles - 43:48

Lone Tree Loop - 7:00 A.M.
60s, partly cloudy, dry
mind/body - ready to go!
easy effort

Got home late last night from KC. Supposed to be in by 5 PM but the storms delayed everyone. In fact, a storm was blowing in while we landed as the pilot struggled to keep the plane shiny side up - we landed on one wheel, bounced up, and then properly landed. Then they closed the airport because of lightning and clouds with rotation so we waited on the tarmac for another 1/2 hour - pretty nasty. But made it nonetheless.

Yesterday I made it out in the morning, 4 myles-32 minutes with 10 x 20 second hill sprints. Felt kind of sluggish but probably due to the humidity, not used to it. Today, however, I felt great! No aches or pains, including the calf. Gonna travel out to Wyoming today, stop at a couple of my accounts and then make our way to Idaho tomorrow. Should be a great race with the cast of great runners showing up. I looked at the entrant list this morning and this is who is on my radar: Karl M, Erich P, Luke N, Joe G, Ty D, Ajaydub, Matt H, Sean M. Speed wise - I'm not the fastest guy in this group. Climbing wise - I like my chances. Did I miss anyone? There's always a dark horse, who is it?

3 comments:

Weaves said...

When we head out to Lawrence and Lincoln in Sept for early season cross country against the big schools, the humidity always destroys me. No fun. I'll take biting, freezing rain and 11,000' alt. any day over that s***

Anonymous said...

Rumor has it that Jo G should also be on your list.

Speedgoat Karl said...

Meltzer is the darkhorse! He's not sure yet if he's even running....but hopes to be. Still a training run if I go, just like Jemez. The snow actually scares me, crashing on my arm is overrated, when I went down at Jemez, I went down on my cast with my chest. I takes a pain pill to allow me to run. Think of falling on a 3" piece of PVC pipe directly on your chest, just below my huge pectoral, left side...frustrating. However, my fitness level is improving, including the uphill. :-) See you in Pokey!