Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, May 27, 2010

6.2 myles - 43:48

Lone Tree Loop - 7:00 A.M.
60s, partly cloudy, dry
mind/body - ready to go!
easy effort

Got home late last night from KC. Supposed to be in by 5 PM but the storms delayed everyone. In fact, a storm was blowing in while we landed as the pilot struggled to keep the plane shiny side up - we landed on one wheel, bounced up, and then properly landed. Then they closed the airport because of lightning and clouds with rotation so we waited on the tarmac for another 1/2 hour - pretty nasty. But made it nonetheless.

Yesterday I made it out in the morning, 4 myles-32 minutes with 10 x 20 second hill sprints. Felt kind of sluggish but probably due to the humidity, not used to it. Today, however, I felt great! No aches or pains, including the calf. Gonna travel out to Wyoming today, stop at a couple of my accounts and then make our way to Idaho tomorrow. Should be a great race with the cast of great runners showing up. I looked at the entrant list this morning and this is who is on my radar: Karl M, Erich P, Luke N, Joe G, Ty D, Ajaydub, Matt H, Sean M. Speed wise - I'm not the fastest guy in this group. Climbing wise - I like my chances. Did I miss anyone? There's always a dark horse, who is it?
Post a Comment