Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, May 9, 2010

10 myles - 1.09:30

HR urban trails - 8:00 A.M.
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - solid
easy effort

Today was probably the best run of the whole week! I only intended to go for a real easy run to shake the legs out but when I got to the turn around my legs wanted to go... came back in 32:20 (6:28s). Nothing spectacular, by any means, but a huge confidence booster to know that my body is starting to respond to the bump in mileage.

Normally I'm not big on numbers but I need to track my bump in mileage to be incremental rather than all at once to avoid injury. So my numbers for the week: 85 myles, 11 hours, 16,300 climbing. Next week needs to be the week for 100 but traveling to Wyoming later today for work will put a damper in that.

Happy Mother's day to all you mom's out there! All the mom's I know are the glue that keeps everything together in the family. We (Dad's) couldn't function without you!

1 comment:

aj said...

love you