Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, May 22, 2010

18 myles - 2.32:44

Deer Creek - 7:00 AM
60s, windy, clear, dry
mind/body - clear/strong
easy effort

Met up with Geoff and Wyatt this morning at Deer Creek. Wyatt has just moved to town from Ohio looking to get on some runs with people while learning all the new trails. I think it's safe to say he was blown away by the pristine single track of Deer Creek. Geoff is gearing up for his first ultra (Dirty thirty) in a couple weeks. Good running guys!

I felt great this morning but the calf was starting to talk to me on the hills... which is just a good reminder to take care of it with ice, compression, and glutamine for the rest of the week. Oh and a little rest will do it some good. So I end the week with 61 myles, 8000 ft of climbing (4500 today), and just under 9 hours on the feet. Pretty big taper week for me but I feel really good going into Pocatello.

#7 on the HR wait list. List is starting to move...

It's windy outside today so Myles said he needed his swim goggles...

4 comments:

AJW said...

Probably a good idea to rest the calf and cruise Pocatello

Unknown said...

11-12 hour range for me at Pokey just "cruising"

Lucho said...

Ha! Love the swim goggles! Makes perfect sense really.
Do you know Josh Friedman? He and I go way back and he's one of my athletes.
I can't find your e-mail... shoot me a line at jogdaddy at gmail, I want to drive down and do some runs. Maybe we can meet up?
Thanks for the blog comment. I appreciate the good words.
T

Breeves2000 said...

I agree with Andy completely. You should rest and taper smartly before Pocatello. Sounds like Matt Hart has been putting in some work. I like him, but I'm pulling for you. Make it happen!