Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Quick Update

I've been here in Arizona for the past week working while managing to get out a few times for some runs. On Wednesday, Kevin Higgins from WMRC invited me out to an early morning run over at Phoenix Mountain Preserve, probably about 20 showed up at 5:15 A.M., ran about 6 myles in a hour. Thanks Kevin, great group! Later that day I got out again on some well established trails at McDowell Mountain Preserve for another 5 myles. Today from the hotel I went straight up Camelback mountain via Cholla trail for another hour run. I can't imagine Zane Grey has any more rocks than on the ridge of Camelback. I ended up rolling my ankle a bit coming down without going fast at all, pretty nasty stuff but good prep for the race.

I finally feel like I've made it through this sickness, although I still have a little cough, I should be fine. My goal for Zane is two fold; not get lost and get under 9 hours. I spoke to a bunch of people on Wednesday who had done some trail marking and although there is a ton of downed trees, they have cleared a bunch off the trail. In addition, they feel the trail is well marked so that gave me a vote of confidence. We'll see how it goes...

10 comments:

aj said...

GOOD LUCK SCOTT... will be waiting to hear about your adventure...thinking of you all day...lots of love...

Anonymous said...

You will do fine, getting lost at Antelope was not your fault. Just run your race and things will turn out for the best. Good luck from all of us here in the snow. XOXO

Nick said...

Wait ... you forgot the beat Karl, Josh and AJW part. Have fun!

Manners said...

Good Luck Eddy!
Got my #4 wristband out and gonna wear it on my run tomorrow.

AJW said...

FastEd,

Great post! Phx Mtn Preserve and Camelback Mt were my go to training grounds when I lived there in the 90's. Nice trails. And, sorry to say, there are quite a few more rocks on the ZG course than there are on Camelback.

On my way to AZ now. See you this evening.

Anonymous said...

Get after it this weekend Scott! Looking forward to seeing you do well (as usual).

Meltzer predicts 3rd for you, but you can say, "Karl, I know you but judo know me. I fast!"

RD says Josh B. is out of race (on Karl's blog).

Jon Allen said...

Good luck

Matt Lonergan said...

Hope you have a good one Scott. I will be checking results...run tough!

Olga said...

Congrats on the win.

Paulette said...

Congrats! Those PI's worked out great!