Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Quick Update

I've been here in Arizona for the past week working while managing to get out a few times for some runs. On Wednesday, Kevin Higgins from WMRC invited me out to an early morning run over at Phoenix Mountain Preserve, probably about 20 showed up at 5:15 A.M., ran about 6 myles in a hour. Thanks Kevin, great group! Later that day I got out again on some well established trails at McDowell Mountain Preserve for another 5 myles. Today from the hotel I went straight up Camelback mountain via Cholla trail for another hour run. I can't imagine Zane Grey has any more rocks than on the ridge of Camelback. I ended up rolling my ankle a bit coming down without going fast at all, pretty nasty stuff but good prep for the race.

I finally feel like I've made it through this sickness, although I still have a little cough, I should be fine. My goal for Zane is two fold; not get lost and get under 9 hours. I spoke to a bunch of people on Wednesday who had done some trail marking and although there is a ton of downed trees, they have cleared a bunch off the trail. In addition, they feel the trail is well marked so that gave me a vote of confidence. We'll see how it goes...
Post a Comment