Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

12.2 myles - 1.26:45

Grigs/Lone Tree - 4:30 P.M.
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

Actually two runs today: 6 myles this morning in 43:21 and 6.2 myles this afternoon in 43:24. I didn't run either Sunday or Monday so I made up for it today and my legs feel great! I say it's time to step up the training volume. I've been hovering around 60 myles/week and quite frankly that's not gonna cut it come HR time. Having said that, my high mileage weeks have only been around 80 myles in years past but I think I need to change it up a bit. I see a bunch of guys doing 100 mile weeks and consistently turn in great results, what would happen if I turned up the notch on the volume? I think I'm gonna give it a go, not every week, but maybe every 4th week hit 100 and see how I feel.
Post a Comment