Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, April 8, 2010

9 myles - 1.04:02

Lone Tree+ loop - 3:00 P.M.
60s, dry, clear
mind/body - miserable
easy effort

Despite the sickness and lethargy I got out today again. I didn't die, I wanted to, but made it through trying very hard not to breath deep. The runs the last two days have been pure misery, eerily reminiscent of the final myles of most of my races. So I'll chalk these two runs up as mental training and remind myself late in races that it could be worse...

Onto Zane Grey! Paul told me last week that times at Miwok are very similar to ZG. I did a little checking and sure enough for a lot of runners it turns out to be within 10 minutes. Having said that, I guess I'll blindly shoot for 8.50 at ZG. Could be a stretch but it's a goal nonetheless. So if this rule of thumb holds true then I'll beat AJayDub by 25 minutes...

No comments: