Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, April 10, 2010

20 myles - 3.40

Boulder - 7:00 A.M.
50s, clear, mostly dry except ice on upper trails
mind/body - getting better
easy effort

Don't ask me the names of any of the trails we went on today beyond Mt. Sanitas and Red Rocks (Anemone?) because there were way too many trail junctions to remember.

Josh Brimhall is in town visiting friends while Nick Clark drove up from Ft. Collins so the proverbial middle would be Boulder. I've been on the trails in Boulder the most out of the three of us (a whopping 4 times) so I was assigned tour guide... I don't think these guys remember I missed a couple turns at a race a few weeks ago, do they? At any rate we managed to make our way round but there were lots of stops along the way. And if we weren't stopping to look at maps, we were tip-toeing our way down rock solid ice. I guess what I'm saying is that we essentially had no rhythm all day, the times we did it was comfortable and good conversation (except the climbing where I was just trying to hang on to those two). A total of 5500 ft of climbing with good company on a great spring day here in Colorado so how could I complain. Thanks for run guys! Look forward to many more.

On a side note, Geoff Roes won AR 50 today in a time of 5.49 with Andy Henshaw (Colorado Springs) close behind in 5.56 and rounding out the top 3 was Max King in 6.01. I'm telling you Andy Henshaw is fit and one to watch this year! Congrats guys!

Andy Henshaw in the lead at Beals Point

7 comments:

Nick said...

Yeah, it was a fun outing today. Another few go-arounds and I think we'll have that front side down.

Impressive run from Andy for sure. Any time you beat Max King, you've got to think you've had a solid run. I think he said he was shooting for a 5:55, so he was right on.

Anonymous said...

Same at up top at a 1.0 Falcon today, everything from running on top of 3 foot drifts, to post holing, to tip toeing on hard ice, to feeling good in between.
BFish

GZ said...

Probably Aneomone. Usually a peak we skip on the skyline traverse, because it is sort of an odd off ball one. Not that the mountains care.

Clue me in for the future parties. Now that the white stuff seems to be done for the moment ... I hope to be heading more to the hills.

Unknown said...

Nice Bfish - good to know you're out and about which means you and I up Falcon from now until SJS??

GZ - we started at Centennial went over Sanitas, Red Rocks via Anemone, and then bush whacked to find Flagstaff trail, over to some cabin, ice going up to green so we took a left. And whatever the trail is after the left was a bullet proof ice, side hill disaster, then to Amphitheater, Blue bells?, mesa, and then back.

GZ said...

Scott - yeah that sounds pretty close to right. Probably could have saved you the bush whack.

brownie said...

Yeah, how 'bout that SCRUD guy!

Unknown said...

Eh JT, it's an OK time I guess... considering newly transformed TK of NoCRUD came in with a 5.42 - booyah.