Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

8 myles - 1.20

Treadmill - noon
snow/slush outside, 40s
mind/body - deathly ill
easy effort

Mamacita! That hurt. Every year a cold takes me down for a couple days so I guess this was my "one time". Fever, cough, congestion, and no energy for the last 3 days. I've taken the last two days off in hopes of getting out today... no gumption whatsoever. So I guess to the TM and see how far I could go... started dying after 4 myles, rallied to finish with 7% grade at 6MPH. Didn't wanna hurt the lungs but I certainly wanted to get some elevation. About 2500ft for the entire workout, most of which was done at 6%. Now I know what a day in the life of Browneye feels like running....

5 comments:

brownie said...

Treadmills are for wussies.

GZ said...

... wussies who happen to be faster than you.

AJW said...

Crap! Now you'll be really tapered for Zane Gray! Couldn't that cold have waited a couple weeks. I am totally screwed.

Erik said...

I'm feeling your pain. On day 4 of the same junk and 6 miles felt like 60. Thanks for passing it around....

Unknown said...

I will be so tapered I will be FAT! On day 4 of this gunk and now I'm starting to get drainage... as in green!

I'm happy to share anytime...