Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, October 16, 2009

9 myles - 1.04:41

Lone Tree Loop - 4:00 P.M.
very nice - 70s, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

It was pretty much all an easy effort today except for a 5K push in the middle..... 19:35 with 600 ft of elevation on trail - not fast but felt good. The question is can I beat brownie next Saturday? I haven't decided if I'm doing the 5K in Manitou Springs before the CRUD party so I would consider today just a little test. I may be there, I may not.... make brownie sweat it out.

Lots of talk out there about ultra runner of the year.... the stuff I read on blogs makes me chuckle. Something to talk about. So serious. Does it really matter? Braggin rights I guess... Err wait... do you get a check?? If so, I'm IN! Who do I bribe? Phbbbfffttt....

2 comments:

peter said...

Scott, you get my vote. Besides you are in the elite category of runners who win races, have kids, and a job.

Unknown said...

Psst - Peter. 20 spot is the in mail...

Naw - those guys bantering back and forth vying for votes deserve to do so (everything I've read anyways), they have seriously taken ultra running to a new level - a whole new level that I will never be at. I just hope they're doing so for the love of the sport and not for some award or notoriety.