Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

7 myles - 50:11

Lone Tree loop - 8:00 A.M.
The nice weather has left - 50s and wind
mind/body - good
Hard effort

That's right -hard- effort! Not for the whole thing, just for the middle 5K. Second time I did the Fast Eddy 5K - 18:28 with 300 ft elevation gain on single track. About a minute faster than last week and little bit of a stronger push today. This was my final test to see if I wanted to participate and CRUSH Brownie in the Manitou 5K on Saturday. I'm probably at 17:40 pace for a flat 5K right now and I think that's a little fast for Brownie so I've elected NOT to demoralize him. Maybe when I'm 60 brownie.... If you hit one mile in 5:45 I'll buy you a beer on Saturday and maybe bring you a little prize from Smith Optics (Thanks Aric!)

3 comments:

brownie said...

Weak. Can't believe you're wussing out. I'm taking it out hard in the first mile now, though!

I'm guessing I'll get too drunk at the Manitou coffin races to get to the CRUD party, can you accept my runner of the year award for me?

Justin Ricks said...

I agree with JT I can't believe that you are wussing out. I think you must be afraid.

Unknown said...

I am unafraid... justin - I would just trip you, make you mad, and lead you off course