Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, October 1, 2009

6 myles - 50:06

Treadmill at Rec center - 9:00 A.M.
50s and wind outside
mind/body - feeling kinda normal
easy effort

Finally! Starting to feel normal on a run. And at this point I'll take anything I can get. Not only am I dealing with chronic exertional compartment syndrome (CECS) and giadiasis, but I have a common cold as well. Guess you can say the trail beat me up pretty good.

This was my 3rd run since coming off the CT, the two other runs were 5 myles each and completely miserable. Today I felt decent with an 8:21 pace, being mindful of the still injured shins. The doc told me to take 6 weeks off because even though I may not feel pain, I'm still in danger of more damage. She did say I could do the occasional easy run of up to 1/2 hour just to keep the blood moving but riding the bike and swimming were better options. I think I will incorporate the bike and pool just like I did last year while letting the body rest.

To this point in the year I have run 2694 myles. So with 3 months to go I will, for sure, hit the 3K mark for the first time. This year I also ran a high for a week and month with 303 and 504 respectively.

Time to start making plans for next year...

9 comments:

brownie said...

I might catch you for 2009!

trudginalong said...

Congrats on huge year (so far!). Any big races on the tentative schedule so far for 2010?

Unknown said...

Hey Patrick - thanks!

I've been thinking about 2010 and nothing of significance seems to be coming to me. I was registered for HURT in January but I just sent an email to withdraw. I guess I'm just tired right now so the desire just isn't there... I get tired thinking about another race. But just like every year after a little break "it" comes back. We'll see.

Talk soon - Scott

AJW said...

Here are my suggestions for 2010 for you:

Skip Rocky and Hardrock. Umstead and Bighorn are much better races for you. No reason to go to the Bear (even though it's the hot new boutique race) you probably need a fast Leadville before it's too late.

And then, well, I guess we still need to break out tie. Perhaps in 2011:)

Unknown said...

Actually Ajaydub I was thinking about coming to Lake Sonoma to settle the score. We should mix it up with another distance, right?

My company headquarters are in South San Fran. so trips out West will be easier, which now makes Western States a part of the picture...

AJW said...

Fast ED,

Settling the score in a 50 just isn't right. So, that's out. However, if WS is in the mix for you, how about we say best aggregate time in the WS/HRH Double (assuming I get into HRH) wins?
I'm thinking I could do 45 hours flat. How about you?

AJW

Unknown said...

18 for WS and 27 for HR huh??

Sounds like a challenge... I may be up for that BUT FIRST I gotta get into these two races. WS still a question for me

AJW said...

18 and 27 is pretty much what I was thinking. And, if WS is a question for you I am sure you know HRH is a question for me. Rocky for a warm-up?

Anonymous said...

You guys are making me tired just reading your comments...

BFish