Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, October 18, 2009

8 myles - 54:50

Coyote Ridge trail - 8:00 A.M.
really nice! Best days of the year!
mind/body - good
easy effort

It's hard to resist to get outdoors this time of year! I'm really not intending to put any routine to my running since it's a down month for me but the weather is perfect! This is the 3rd time I've done this run this week and have shaved off 2 and 1/2 minutes with the same perceived effort. I guess you can say my body is coming around. Ended up with a 6:51 pace with my last mile in 6:37.

Yesterday I rode the bike for 1.5 hours. I had a great time and wondered why that was only the second time all year I've been on my mountain bike.... OH YAH - there's only 52 weeks in a year of which I spend 44 running. I guess what I'm saying is that although I love to cross train on the mountain bike I just don't have the time. Having said that, I've decided I'm gonna sell my bike. It's a shame such a good bike just sits in my garage 99% of the year. It should go to someone who rides, and rides a lot!

It's a 2006 Giant Anthem 1 - 18 inch. I bought it two years ago and have only rode it a 1/2 dozen times. It retailed for $4000 when it came out 4 years ago. I'm willing to let it go for a mere $1500! Here are the specs on it. I've had two tune-ups in the last two years, one of which was back in July and I have only rode it one time since - yesterday. I'm also gonna put this up on Craig's list as well, so don't wait.

2006 Giant Anthem 1

I will use the money I make off the bike to pay for all my race entries for 2010... and that probably won't cover it! So expensive these days.

1 comment:

Paul DeWitt said...

You should throw in a new seat for whoever buys it. We all know how many bean burritos you eat!