Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, October 30, 2009

5 myles - 57:51

Mt. Falcon - 2:00 P.M.
40s, clear, lots-o-snow
mind/body - good
easy effort

The storm has finally passed with clear blue skies today. But with the warmeth - bringeth the sloppeth. I opted for Mt. Falcon because I thought by now someone would have been up there with snowshoes for some packed snow. On the lower portion - yes. Once I got around the point (1.9 myles) all the snowshoe-ers decided to turn around... I carried on through snow drifts up to my knees. It was OK for about 15 minutes but then my bare legs became numb so I turned around just short of the shelter. A whopping 11:34 pace. Lot's of good Jai-me's though. Wait for it.... that would be High knees for you slower folk...

2 comments:

Gangels said...

does that mean the snow would have been to my shins?

aj said...

now you are at my pace..I love it