Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, October 25, 2009

10 myles - 1.17:46

HR urban trails - 8:00 A.M.
snowing, mucky, NW wind
mind/body - good
easy effort

Mucky-muck! Must have rained overnight because the trail was dry yesterday but this morning the mud was caked to my shoes. Didn't feel the best but plugged away with a 7:32 avg. Rather than a true snow, it was more like hail pelting me in the face as I finished up. I end the week with 45 myles and so far for the month of October 133 myles - about right for a recovery month. I'm still not sure about any more races this year but if the next few weeks go good I could see myself doing something in December.... early December that is.

On another note, the CRUD party was yesterday at Palmer Lake. And once again I represented the North CRUD chapter at the party... good thing because as you can see from the picture below - North CRUD swept the awards! Thanks to Smith Optics and Pearl Izumi for providing the all the award give-aways - the recipients were truly grateful.

North CRUD takes home the goods

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

and maybe a mid-November tune up 50k...

aj said...

congratulation to you & Brian... both of you had a great year.. racing & pacing...Hope next year is also impressive..

Breeves2000 said...

On our way over to a friend's house we saw ya headin up Griggs and almost beeped at you. Didn't want to scare you though. After my run yesterday, I doubt I'll be doing any of those road routes any more. The knees like the trails a lot more.
Looks like the recovery is going well. Don't over do it.

brownie said...

You only had a good year because you picked up a SCRUD coach!

You running in Boulder this Saturday?

Unknown said...

Boulder - maybe. How long do they go? Have you done it before? If I plan to meet you somewhere, you better not flake!!

Manners said...

Sweeeeeet! Congrats to you and BFish!

brownie said...

I think it's about 20 miles. Lots of elevation change though.

Paul DeWitt said...

Rick and I did the Basic one year. There is generally one route that is roughly a marathon (for big dogs like me) and a shorter option that is about a half marathon (Rick took that option). You'll probably go up a few of the typical Boulder area peaks (Bear, Sanitas, etc.) It was a lot of fun the year I did it. Good food and booze afterwards. They even put out water jugs on the course in a few places.

Anonymous said...

Another year of North CRUD domination! The kids didn't really have any games Saturday, the real reason I did not go to the CRUD party was so I didn't have to give JT his beer!
Good job Fast Eddy and all the CRUD runners.
BFish

brownie said...

Everyone please notice that Fast Eddy has gone silent since I challenged him to the Boulder run.

And damnit BFish, I want my beer!