Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, October 15, 2009

8 myles - 56:19

Coyote Ridge trail - 10:00 A.M.
60s, clear, dry
mind/body - good!
Easy effort

Guess what I did this morning? ...well of course I ran. A good run with a 7:02 avg. and feeling mighty good - I might add.

I did the unthinkable... I put my name in the lottery hat for Western States. I now make 1,801 applicants vying for a mere hundred and 50 slots. Slim chance so I won't get my hopes up. I think I did it for a few reasons: I'm looking for something new, I wanna see how I rank among the best hundred mile racers in the world, and I wanna settle the score with this guy in his "superbowl" race. Good reasons right?

7 comments:

Nick said...

Got to do it at some stage, right! Might as well try and get in while you can still post a decent time.

So where are you getting the 150 number from? Does that mean 250 slots have already been assigned? Not that it really matters as any way you run the numbers, the odds are dead set against.

Unknown said...

I just took a stab at that number of 150. I based it on the number of 2 X losers, Ultra cup, raffle winners, and automatic entries. No mathmatical equations involved.

brownie said...

Isn't that the race you wussed out of last year?

Unknown said...

Indeed "wussed out". Kinda funny now I'm a little more intrigued compared to last year. Now I gotta get in the hard way!

Jon Allen said...

Hope you get in.

Unknown said...

Yeah - thanks Jon!

Anonymous said...

If ya get lucky and get in WS I think I know someone who owes you pacing duties. You'll need somebody to listen for that booming voice from behind!
BFish