Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

13 myles (11 - 1.17:36)

Sanctuary hill - 4:00 p.m.
mid 40's, slight wind, clear
mind/body - clear/little sore
hard effort

Today was a special day because I got to treat my friend Tim Hola to the Sanctuary hill. I had been telling him about this hill for the past year and finally our schedules matched up. In reality it was a little too soon after a race to be doing LT hill repeats but I couldn't let Tim down. I parked 2.5 myles away and ran to meet Tim at Daniels park where we ran the 5 + mile loop as a warm up. Initially I wanted to do 5 repeats but after the 4th I was done but Tim continued on. Pretty even splits: 1:13:74, 1:15:46, 1:12:91, 1:14:85, 1:15:30 (tim). Normally I like to get progressively faster but with Tim there it was easier to push from the get go. Afterwards we ran back to my car 2.5 myles away and called it a day. Tim makes me faster so hopefully we can do more runs together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great write up. You should have mentioned how we gabbed away like two chicks on the town as we watched the sun get tucked away behind the mountains. I can smell those tortillas now!

Anonymous said...

Nice to have someone give you a little push. Good job especially after a good race & long drive home...