Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, February 9, 2008

12 myles - 1.27:06

Lone Tree loop - 10:00 a.m.
clear, mid 40's, snow packed trail
mind/body - fresh/left calf?
easy effort

Well.... I went to the hospital yesterday to have my left leg surgically removed. With all the advances in technology today, the program called swap-a-leg was able to give me the leg of my choice. I chose to have a genetically engineered leg from this guy. So the next time you see me I will have a slight limp as Steve's legs are shorter than mine (not to mention a white pasty color.)

Naaah, just kidding..... I had to come up with a clever story as to why my left calf magically repaired itself in a day and half! I felt great today! My body as a whole is ready to go but having said that I was still a little tentative with my effort. I didn't want to over do it and ruin what my body magically did to my calf. Don't get me wrong, there is still something there with a little twinge but nothing to alter my stride or foot strike. But all that said I only went a third of the distance it needs to hold up. So Yes, there is still some doubt lurking in my mind.

Three loops today, 19:53, 19:54, and 19:29 for an even, consistent effort. Hopefully I will have another successful day tomorrow to start building confidence again.
Post a Comment