Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, February 9, 2008

12 myles - 1.27:06

Lone Tree loop - 10:00 a.m.
clear, mid 40's, snow packed trail
mind/body - fresh/left calf?
easy effort

Well.... I went to the hospital yesterday to have my left leg surgically removed. With all the advances in technology today, the program called swap-a-leg was able to give me the leg of my choice. I chose to have a genetically engineered leg from this guy. So the next time you see me I will have a slight limp as Steve's legs are shorter than mine (not to mention a white pasty color.)

Naaah, just kidding..... I had to come up with a clever story as to why my left calf magically repaired itself in a day and half! I felt great today! My body as a whole is ready to go but having said that I was still a little tentative with my effort. I didn't want to over do it and ruin what my body magically did to my calf. Don't get me wrong, there is still something there with a little twinge but nothing to alter my stride or foot strike. But all that said I only went a third of the distance it needs to hold up. So Yes, there is still some doubt lurking in my mind.

Three loops today, 19:53, 19:54, and 19:29 for an even, consistent effort. Hopefully I will have another successful day tomorrow to start building confidence again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you go...... A little white meat in your body style...I knew we were good for something...

Anonymous said...

Like the saying goes...
Once you go white
your stride feels so light!
Good to hear!
There is also the other saying
Once you go honky....
your hung like a.........
GO PRE