Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, December 27, 2007

5 myles

Treadmill - Rec center 1:00 p.m.
15 degrees, snow, snow, and more snow
felt great
no Achilles issues
easy effort

With the work I put in yesterday, I really should have taken the day off. But with my son (Jaxon ) asking if we could go to the gym and run? How could I possibly pass that one up?!?! Once we got to the gym my intentions where to run around the track (10 laps/mile) with Jaxon as long as he wanted. When we got there he said he wanted to run alone because I might hold him back... So Jaxon proceeded to run around the track while I ran on the treadmill - 40 minutes later Jaxon had run 30 laps!!! 30 laps!! A guy on the treadmill next to me saw that I was helping keep track of his laps just smiled and gave me a thumbs up. Another lady that had been walking the track stopped to give Jaxon a high five and asked how many laps he did. I am soooo proud of him!! Of course I got off the treadmill and we did 2 more laps to make it an official 5 k. A 5 k in 42 minutes is pretty impressive for an 8 year old, don't you think???

No comments: