Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, December 24, 2007

10 myles

Griggs out/back - 10:00 a.m.
30ish, North wind, clear, scant snow on road
Average feeling run
Achilles tight at start
moderate effort

I couldn't resist a time check today: last myle 6:52. I did not push the pace at all, kept my pace steady throughout. In all honesty I felt like I was faster than that. But now I have piece of mind to know that I'm right on track. I think tomorrow I'll do the same run with the same last myle time check. The last couple of runs I've noticed that I always start slow and towards the end I'm running a lot faster with minimal effort. Now the question is, what's my lactate threshold and how much liver/muscle glycogen before glycogen depletion? The only way to answer that question is to go loooong.

No comments: