Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, December 22, 2007

13+ myles

East-West/HR loop - 9:30 a.m.
Upper teens, clear, 4 inches fresh snow
Body felt pretty steady
Achilles was tight towards the end
Moderate effort

I would say I was gone for a good 2 hours this morning. I know 13+ myles in 2 hours isn't that fast but with the fresh snow on the trails it was hard to get good traction. I always say, "it's all about time on your feet". Therefore, I feel pretty good with this effort but would dare say it's definitely pushing my limits. I did not feel fatigued in the end so somehow my body remembers what it needs to do. Now the question is, will my Achilles hold up throughout the year? I know it will get stronger the more I run as long as I don't over do it. Walkin' a very fine line here.

No comments: