Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, June 28, 2009

9 myles - 1.12:04

Deer Creek - 7:00 A.M.
70s, dry, clear
mind/body - a little sluggish
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60 minutes hilly easy run

Actual workout: 9 myles - 1.12:04 - avg. 8:01 ~2200 ft of elevation gain

Very nice relaxed run this morning, nothing else noteworthy to report on the run. I end the week with 70 myles, 14,700 ft of elevation, and completely healthy. I head out tomorrow after dropping the family off at the airport. I'm looking forward to getting to the San Juan's but know by the end of the week I'll be missing my family a lot. They'll drive out to Silverton on Tuesday, July 7th.

I took yesterday off because I was glued to the computer watching Western States online. I bet I accounted for the most hits on the website. I was also getting live updates from Julie Fingar, who was on the course, and she said it was hotter than hell! Congratulations to Hal Koerner for taking the title! He is such a genuine classy guy! And to my team-mates Dave Mackey and Josh Brimhall, I'm sorry it didn't work out guys but we all know you gave it your best. When you lay it all out and go for the win, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I applaud you both for having the guts to do that! Nothing but absolute respect for the both of you! There WILL be another day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott -

Thought about you Saturday as that was going to be our Colorado Trail run. Good thing we bagged it. My legs are still ripped up from Bighorn 50 two weekends ago.

Good luck at Hardrock. I'll be hitting the Refresh faster than a body-blow button in a game of Mike Tyson Punchout. Go get 'em!

- Garett