Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, June 26, 2009

20 myles - 3.35:42

Double Incline - 6:00 A.M.
80s, clear, dry
mind/body - ready!
Hard Effort

Prescribed workout: 3 hours with lots of elevation

Actual workout: 20 myles - 3.35:42 - avg. 10:49 ~6000 ft of elevation gain. Memorial Park - Incline - Barr Camp - Incline - Memorial Park

2 myles in 58:09!! Yah I know!! And I was working hard! While Kyle lived in Colorado Springs last year he was a frequent visitor to the famous Incline - doubles and I even heard triples (just rumors)... AND look what he did at Hard Rock last year! I'm just sayin'.... I could never do what Kyle did at HR but the incline probably helped so I integrated it into my weekly regimen. Makes sense since HR is a bunch of climbing up steep pitches like Grant-Swamp and Virginius. The sad truth is that HR is still gonna hurt and I look forward to every minute of it!
Here are my incline splits:
Incline numero uno - 28:08 (nice 70 degrees)
Incline numero dos - 30:01 (hotter than HELL!!)

Dos semanas para ir hasta el Hard Rock

4 comments:

Paul DeWitt said...

2 is ok, but I heard real runners like Keith do it 4, 5 times in one training session! But seriously, that sounds like a great last workout on Pikes Peak before your HR100 adventure. You are ready to roll...
- pauld

Justin Ricks said...

I haven't run the incline in over 13 years until this morning. I now know why I haven't been back that sucked. I think I will have to run it at least once a month that was a hell of a workout. Good luck at HR.

Unknown said...

How did I miss you Justin? I was on it at 6:30 and 9:30.... It's an absolute death march to the top!

Justin Ricks said...

I was on it at 7:30 and it was really hot. I can't image what it was like at 9:30.