Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, June 25, 2009

11 myles - 1.14:58

HR Coyote Ridge - 7:00 A.M.
80s, clear, dry
mind/body - good
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 45 - 60 minutes easy/recovery

Actual workout: 11 myles - 1.14:58 - avg. 6:49 ~800 ft of elevation gain.

Nice and easy. Not much elevation gain today and it felt good to get the legs spinning again at a quicker rate. Although this was to be "recovery" type pace, I just felt good so I went a little quicker. Tomorrow I'll go down to Pikes and do incline - Barr Camp - incline for my 3 hour run, which will be about 6000 ft of elevation. I heard Kevin Bacon will down there on Saturday so I've gotta get my workout in a day early.

As for the upcoming week I am dropping the family off at the airport on Monday morning, then my schedule looks like this:
  • Monday - Hike Mt. Elbert and stay at Half Moon CG. Hang out with Bill Duper.
  • Tuesday - Hike/run the first 8 myles of the CT section 15 up to the Continental Divide.
  • Wednesday - Hike up Porcupine and Cataract creek. Stay at South Mineral CG
  • Thursday - Not sure yet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that our main man "Leadville Bill" you're gonna be hanging with?
Tell him I said hi & we'll see down at Hardrock!
BFish

Unknown said...

That's our main man Leadville Bill. Gonna go to the coffee shop, hook up with Tony and get a good session of deep thoughts... Man! that boy can write!