Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

13 myles - 1.31:41

Daniels Park Loop - 7:00 A.M.
mid 50s, dry, no wind
mind/body - good
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: 90 minutes with a 2 mile tempo, 6 x 2 minute 10% grade, and then 1 mile tempo.

Actual workout: 13 myles - 1.31:41 - avg. 7:03. 2 mile tempo: 12:24, 4 x 1:30 12% grade, 1 mile tempo: 5:54.

I felt decent this morning. Only a tiny bit of soreness left in the legs, in which I only had a little to start with. I didn't do the full 6 x 2 minutes because I felt my legs would only handle 4 for a little shorter time without getting injured.

Despite the lack of posting on my blog lately, I have been running but only a couple of times real easy; 6 and 4 myles post race before today. I did not get to my 2 hour run after Squaw on Sunday because 1. It was a torrential down-pour and 2. I just wanted to get home and be done with the 8 hour drive. The nice thing is that I felt pretty good the next morning and felt I could have done it.

Thank you all for your comments, kind words, and support on the Squaw Peak report. I really enjoyed my time there, especially catching up and chatting with so many people after the race. One comment that I gotta respond to is Karl's comment. Don't let him fool you, he is the favorite at Hard Rock - he is still the king of Hard Rock (Kyle doesn't count) regardless what he does leading up to it. I read his blog after Massanutten 100 and he said he was ready to go for another 100 a week after! That tells me he'll be fit and ready for HR despite Bighorn a few weeks before. Sandbagger Karl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog picture, cool!

...Bryan Schlotteback

Manners said...

Great new lay out. Clean....