Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, June 11, 2009

13 myles - 2.06:24

Barr trail to Barr camp - 5:00 P.M.
mid 50s, thunder clouds, damp trail
mind/body - good/no pep in the legs
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: 50 minute tempo run up Barr trail

Actual workout: 13 myles - 2.06:24 - avg. 9:43 ~3600 ft elevation gain. 49:33 to 7.8 sign.

Whew! I knew tonight was gonna be a suffer-fest but I gave it everything I had. The nice thing is that even with tired legs I still came away with a faster time than my first tempo run. This week is all about running on tired legs. I'll return to the Pikes on Saturday for a 5-6 hour run and 8000 ft of elevation gain. HR is only 4 weeks away so this week is critical!

On another note, Eric Grossman is wrapping up his month long acclimation in Colorado Springs. I would like to say that his acclimation is confirmed and complete! Two weeks ago he ran the CRUD tempo to the 7.8 sign in a time of 51 and change, tonight he ran 47 and change - a very fast time! Eric has been fast in all his races this year but come WS time he will be even faster. This is gonna be fun to watch on my computer - can't wait!

Here are my splits for tonight:
Top of W's - 20:03
No Name - 33:51
7.8 sign - 49:33

No comments: