Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, June 18, 2009

13 myles - 1.59:29

Barr Camp - 5:00 P.M.
70s, partly cloudy, dry trails
mind/body - eager/feeling strong
Hard Effort

Prescribed workout: 50 minute tempo up Barr trail

Actual workout: 13 myles - 1.59:29 - avg. 9:11 ~3600 ft. elevation gain. 49.15 to 7.8 sign.

The way I've been feeling on my runs this week I really thought I'd get another PR today, but it wasn't meant to be. I started strong and had a good split up to the top of the W's but I had no stamina. In fact, I started to lose speed just after the W's and I couldn't do anything about it. When I got to the 7.8 sign I honestly felt like I had to puke - full on red line effort! So then the rest of the way up to Barr camp was more of a slow recovery pace than anything else. Maybe two tempo efforts in as many days is too much. Oh well, every run can't be the best run. I'll chalk this one up as preparing myself to be mentally tough. Here are my splits:

Top of W's - 19:45
No Name - 33:37
7.8 sign - 49:15

No comments: