Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, June 15, 2009

13 myles - 1.47:56

Deer Creek - 7:00 A.M.
low 60s, dry to start - rain/hail to end
mind/body - strong
Easy effort

Prescribed workout: 45-60 minutes recovery with hills

Actual workout: 13 myles - 1.47:56 - avg. 8:18 ~3000 ft elevation gain

I felt so good I couldn't help myself but to go longer. I took yesterday off because I knew this week I have to get a ton of vertical - 25K is the goal. My fastest time on this course is 1.45:10 but I ran into the red to get that number, as opposed to today when I was nice and relaxed the entire run. Tomorrow I'll head over to Mt. Falcon nice and early for another 3500 ft elevation gain with a little bit quicker pace.

Little by little the plans are starting to come together for HR; I'll fly the family to Utah on Monday, June 29th at which time I'll make my way down to Silverton. While on my way down I'll hit several CT sections to preview my adventure that will start on September 2nd. I'll end up in Silverton on July 2nd or 3rd. The family will then come over on Tuesday, July 7th and set up camp at South Mineral campground.

3 comments:

Carson said...

Hey Fast Ed, we just finalized our plans as well. We'll take the leisurely route from Auburn to Silverton and arrive in Durango for the 4th of July. Then we'll set up camp at Molas Pass for the week leading up to the run. Any interest in showing me around on the 5th, 6th or 7th?

AJW

Unknown said...

My man - Carson! Or Andy? I'd love to run around with you on those days. I'll be at Molas Pass when I get into town and then go down to South Mineral CG to get the in-laws set up with their 5th wheel on the 7th.

I'll look you up at Molas on the 5th and then hit a couple sections of the course over the next couple days.

AJW said...

Thanks FastEd, yeah, I accidently commented as my son. Anyway, I'd love to hook up in Silverton. We'll be to Molas Pass by the 5th and then on from there. Roch suggested there might be a couple sections that I should pre-run so I don't crap my pants during the race.