Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, June 1, 2009

13 myles - 1.28:06

Daniels Park Loop - 6:30 P.M.
overcast - storm clouds, 50s, wet
mind/body - tired/jet lag
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: 90 minutes with 6 x 2 minutes VO2 Max - 8% incline AND 2 mile tempo @ 6 pace AND 1 mile @ 5:45 pace

Actual workout: 13 myles - 1.28:06 - avg. 6:46 ~800ft elevation. 2 mile tempo in 11:54, 3 x 2 minute - 10% incline

Since Hard Rock is my goal race, Paul is only having me taper a little bit for SP50. I'm not going into SP50 tired but I'm not going in completely rested either. For example, during a normal taper I usually decrease mileage by 25 two weeks out and then the week of the race by 50. This time I only decreased by 15 two weeks out and this week decreased by 30 (minus the race). Having said that, SP50 is still a focus race in my mind for a number of reasons - all of which I will not bore you with. But don't worry, I'm gonna go as fast as I can up and down those hills - maybe not as fast as a mountain goat but faster than my younger self - for sure!

I was gone to San Diego all weekend and didn't get in until 6 P.M. tonight so my legs were a little dead from the jet lag but seemed to warm up about an hour into the run. I didn't do the entire workout just because I've got so much to catch up on and as I'm writing this I'm thinking about how much of a procrastinator I am.... bye for now.

No comments: