Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, July 6, 2009

Catching up

Hey all!

Just arrived back to civilization in Silverton! Been in the mountains being a hermit for the last week, kinda a love/hate thing. I absolutely love the tranquility of the deep mountains but hate being without my family - very lonely life. Here is what I've been doing running wise:

Monday 6/29: Half moon to Elbert - 2.58 - 11 myles - 5000ft of elevation @10K

Tuesday 6/30: Marshall Pass, Section 16 CT - 1.31 - 10 myles - 2500ft of elevation @ 11K

Wednesday 7/1: Marshall Pass, Section 15 CT - 1.10 - 8 myles - 1500ft of elevation @ 11K

Thursday 7/2: Off

Friday 7/3: Rico-Silverton to Section 25 CT - 1.59 - 11 myles - 1800ft of elevation @ 12K

Saturday 7/4: Hope Lake - 1.51 - 6 myles ~1800ft of elevation @ 12K

Sunday 7/5: South Mineral road - 58 (27:30 4 myles) - 8 myles - @ 10K

TOTAL: 54 myles - 10.5 hours - 12,600 ft of elevation.

The work is done! Might have been a tad anxious this week but I feel good and healthy! I don't like to talk about Hard Rock all too much because I think it's taboo pre-race but I will tell you that I am fitter(?)... (is that a word "fitter"?) than I ever have been going into this race. Meaning more fast hiking at elevation, tempo runs at elevation, and of course the incline.

Well see what happens...

FYI - if you wanna follow along online you can go here for the HR website or here for the twitter page.

6 comments:

Gangels said...

Good luck Scott! Give Karl hell, this is your year.
Gangels

aj said...

welcome back to civilization... missed you...I cannot give you any tips...since you are the man...take care & run your race .... You know your body better than anyone else.... love you...

Jamie Donaldson said...

I am feeling it for you Scott! Have a blast! You deserve this!

Anonymous said...

If you are "fitter" this year that would make me "unfitter" this year. Anyway you look at it, we are going to have some fun!
See you in a couple days Fast Eddy,
BFish

Anonymous said...

BTW Forgot to add... Karl is already trying to sandbag on his website. Something about still having heavy legs from Bighorn. That's what happens when you hang out w/ Kulak too much.
BFish

Manners said...

Good luck brutha! I will be following every minute. Remember to enjoy the ride!