Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, July 27, 2009

11 myles - 1.19:36

HR East/West trail - 7:00 A.M.
mid 60s, dry, cloud cover
mind/body - excited to run the home course
easy effort

It's amazing what a little time away will do for the mind, body, and soul. I headed out this morning with a smile on my face welcoming back the familiar scenery, even though I have been on this course a thousand times it was fresh in my mind today. I intended to just shake the legs out but I felt really good so I pushed a bit on the flat course. Turned out to be just over 11.6 myles, avg. of 6:51/mile, not to shabby.

On another (and more important) note, it's my wife's 37th birthday today - happy birthday Nicole! She isn't too sensitive about her age because she will be happy to tell you I will be 40 this year. She got her birthday gift in Hawaii so nothing special today, just some extra poopy diapers... juuust kidding.

The Luau at the Polynesian Culture Center

1 comment:

aj said...

happy birthday Nicole... I did remember... sent present today... should be there by friday...Great picture did not see that one...Aloha... Alverna & Julian...