Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, July 27, 2009

11 myles - 1.19:36

HR East/West trail - 7:00 A.M.
mid 60s, dry, cloud cover
mind/body - excited to run the home course
easy effort

It's amazing what a little time away will do for the mind, body, and soul. I headed out this morning with a smile on my face welcoming back the familiar scenery, even though I have been on this course a thousand times it was fresh in my mind today. I intended to just shake the legs out but I felt really good so I pushed a bit on the flat course. Turned out to be just over 11.6 myles, avg. of 6:51/mile, not to shabby.

On another (and more important) note, it's my wife's 37th birthday today - happy birthday Nicole! She isn't too sensitive about her age because she will be happy to tell you I will be 40 this year. She got her birthday gift in Hawaii so nothing special today, just some extra poopy diapers... juuust kidding.

The Luau at the Polynesian Culture Center
Post a Comment