Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

10 myles - 1.10:55

HR urban trails - 6:30 A.M.
mid 50s, dry, cloud cover
mind/body - sluggish
easy effort

It feels good to get back into a routine again although I felt a little sluggish this morning. I still hit a 7:05 pace so I guess that's not too bad with a little elevation gain.

It seems for the past couple of days my mind has been consumed with my upcoming Colorado Trail adventure. I can't seem to wrap my mind around 480+ myles in just over a week and 1/2. The most mileage I've done in one MONTH is 368!! So as you can see I'm doubting myself at this point but then again when all I have to do for 12 days is keep moving forward - it's possible. I've been going back and forth like this in my mind and ultimately what it means (or has meant in the past) is that this is going to be challenging and I'm looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Manners said...

Since I have known you, I have not seen anything you can't do. Tough makes you tougher! It will definitely be an adventure- just making memories in the game of life. Enjoy, I hope to see you along the way!

Jamil said...

Are you starting in Denver or Durango for the CT?

Unknown said...

Hey Jamil - good to hear from you!

I'll be starting in Denver on September 2nd and finishing in Durango on September 13 for an average of 40 myles per day. Hope to see you out there!