Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, July 25, 2009

11 myles - 1.21:32

Wasatch course - 9:00 A.M.
80s, dry, clear
mind/body: tired/sluggish
easy effort

I guess jet lag/red eye flight got the best of me as I struggled to get outta bed this morning. Started slow but that familiar sage brush smell brought back some life. That smell always reminds me of running Wasatch. I ran from the start along the Bonneville Shoreline trail, connected onto the Great Western Trail and made it half way up the first climb to chin scraper. I'm gonna miss running and/or being around during Wasatch this year as I will be mid-way through my CT adventure.

We are heading back home tomorrow and looking forward to getting back to a little normalcy. For the next month leading up to the CT adventure Jaxon and I are going to backpack several sections to get some familiarity to the trail and do some father/son bonding. I'm hoping that I can create some memories for Jaxon to last a lifetime.

Myles and Jaxon on Waikiki

No comments: