Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

8 myles - 54:56

South Platte Pkwy - noon
South wind, low 30s, clear path
mind/body - good
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: warm up/cool down with 30 minutes @ 6:10 pace

Actual workout: 8 myles 54:56; warm up/cool down 1.5 myles each: 12:01/11:46. 5 myles - 31:06 avg. 6:13

Went to PT prior to the run so I was a little hesitant to do any interval work with the hammy being worked over. I started a little gimpy but actually felt fast so I gave the interval work a go - knowing that if it didn't feel right I would shut it down. Turns out, the longer I went the stronger I felt. Barring anything quirky happening between now and the race, the hammy should be solid.

I know I'm gearing up for a hundred but I honestly feel I could get a PR in a road marathon right now - probably low 2.40s....
Post a Comment