Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

8 myles - 54:56

South Platte Pkwy - noon
South wind, low 30s, clear path
mind/body - good
Hard effort

Prescribed workout: warm up/cool down with 30 minutes @ 6:10 pace

Actual workout: 8 myles 54:56; warm up/cool down 1.5 myles each: 12:01/11:46. 5 myles - 31:06 avg. 6:13

Went to PT prior to the run so I was a little hesitant to do any interval work with the hammy being worked over. I started a little gimpy but actually felt fast so I gave the interval work a go - knowing that if it didn't feel right I would shut it down. Turns out, the longer I went the stronger I felt. Barring anything quirky happening between now and the race, the hammy should be solid.

I know I'm gearing up for a hundred but I honestly feel I could get a PR in a road marathon right now - probably low 2.40s....

4 comments:

AJW said...

If you have 2:40 marathon speed right now you'll beat me by an hour at RR.

Unknown said...

AJW - a 2.40 marathon is a far cry from a hundred... lots of stuff happen and you have proven yourself at that distance - I have not. Just promise you'll have a PBR cracked open for me when I finish - if you just can't wait anymore then leave it on the finish line with my name....

Anonymous said...

You both crack me up. Andy, you could run a low 2:40 marathon right now. Scott, your training is rock solid and you're ready to fly. I just wish I could be on the sidelines watching with a cooler of beer for both of you (and me, of course). I hope you both have a great race. Both of you deserve it.
tl

brownie said...

It might be hard to find PBR down there in Lone Star country.