Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, January 11, 2009

45 myles - 6.01:34

Chatfield/Highline - 8:00 A.M.
mid 40s, cloud cover, slight North wind
mind/body - eager/strong
easy? effort

Prescribed workout: 6 hours at RR 100 goal race pace with run/walk combo: 28/2

Actual workout: 45 myles 6.01:34 - avg. 8:02 - 3 X 15 mile loop: loop 1 - 2.01:08/ 8:04 avg. loop 2 - 1.59:58/ 8:00 avg. loop 3 - 2.00:27/ 8:01 avg.

Hmmm imagine that - start slow, finish with gas in the tank... what a concept! I felt great the entire time - sure I was tired but relatively speaking. I have never finished a 50 mile race feeling good like this. Confidence is growing. But I will admit the last 5 myles were tough just because of the mindset of almost being done. And with that - the mindset will be key going into RR 100. I put this down as an easy effort and that's to say the avg. pace was easy, 45 myles is never easy but I didn't red line it either. Actually my goal pace is more like 8:30 but I know those last two laps at Rocky are gonna be tough - meaning I will slow down considerably. Ironically the first loop was the slowest because I couldn't get the right pace, my first mile was 8:40! I finally settled in by the end of the first loop. For those of you who live local or know the area click on the hyperlink, this is a pretty good course with mile markers and bathrooms. Two laps down, three to go....

I end the week with 90 myles in 11 hours and 37 minutes. This is rare ground for me as I hardly ever get above 80. The fact that I'm not injured with a muscle injury is a miracle, got my fingers crossed but I feel strong!
Post a Comment