Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Saturday, January 31, 2009

12 myles - 1.36:27

HR urban trails - 11:00 A.M.
nice day, upper 50s, clear
mind/body - good/hammy is fickle
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 1.45 - 2.00 hrs easy effort race pace

Actual workout: 12 myles 1.36:27 avg. 8:02 - exact splits out and back - how's that for pacing?

Weeelll.... this hammy is really startin' to put a damper on my spirits! Just when I think it's good - BAM! I wake up in the morning after a run and it hurts! I feel I kept the quality of my runs up this week and felt good doing it but after the 1/2 interval workout on Wednesday as I woke the next morning it was sore all the way up to my butt - which forced me to take two days off. The strange thing is that I don't necessarily feel it during or after the run it's the next morning that gives me the indication I've done too much. I know from past experience hammy's are fickle and once you've over done it - that's it! - there's no going back. The last two days off I went to PT and really worked the hammy with ultrasound, infrared, and the tens unit - did I work it too much?

I felt the hammy the entire run today but it's not a sharp pain, it's more of a dull pain radiating all the way up to my butt. The hammy can handle the slow stuff but the question is - for how long? I've got a week before RR so I believe rest in the prescription for next week. In reality, I've only taken off 2 x 2 days since it first started hurting so I can only imagine with 4 days off straight will help out tremendously.

I'm off to Orlando Monday....
Post a Comment