Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

10 myles - 1.11:09

Daniels Park - 3:30 P.M.
mid 20s, snow, clear
mind/body - good
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60+ minutes easy/steady effort with the last 2 myles @ goal race pace

Actual workout: 1.11:09 10 myles avg. 7:06 - easy/steady effort. 8 myles 55:57, last 2 myles 15:13

I'm finding hard to dial in an 8 minute pace after running a bit quicker than that - for instance today when I thought I was about 8, I hit 7:20 and then by the second mile I have a better feel 7:53; it just seems as though I'm going so much slower. I'm sure in the later stages of a hundred I'll be real thankful of that... Hammy felt fine today. I will go back to PT tomorrow and Friday and call it good.

On a side note, I checked the entrant list today for fun and I noticed that Jorge Pacheco's name dropped off the list... correct me if I'm wrong. Looks like AJW will be leading us around with his ever-so-steady pace....

No comments: