Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Monday, January 19, 2009

14 myles - 1.40:02

Highline Canal - 10:00 A.M.
mid 60s, mostly dry, clear
mind/body - good!
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60 - 75 minutes easy steady pace.

Actual workout: 14 myles 1.40:02 - avg. 7:08/mile - easy steady pace.

Went to PT this morning to get some infrared and ultrasound done on my hammy.... prognosis is good - mild strain. PT told me to hold off on any interval work for the week but really go on feel. She massaged it pretty good with hardly any discomfort so I'm optimistic.

The real test came afterward during my run. I really intended to hit 8:00 min. myles but with my entire body completely rested after 3 days off - the legs just wanted to go! I really had to hold back. I was hitting just above 7 min/mile pretty consistently with very minimal effort. I felt tightness in the hammy but no real discomfort. I'll go back for PT a couple more times this week and then hold off on the back to back 3 hour runs until Friday/Saturday.

No comments: