Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Friday, January 9, 2009

10 myles - 1.19:09

Daniels Park - 9:00 A.M.
20 degrees, South West wind, dry
mind/body - good
easy, easy effort

Prescribed workout: 30-60 minutes easy effort

Actual workout: 10 myles 1.19:09 - easy, easy effort - 7:55 avg.

I really tried hard to slow it down today in preparation for my long run on Sunday and ultimately RR 100. My goal race pace is in the 8:15 range and as much as I tried to slow down today I still came in a little fast. When I was done my knees were just aching! It almost hurt more to go slower. The nice thing though is that when I was done I felt like I hadn't even done any sort of running. Sunday will the true test of my fitness going into RR 100 - 6 hour run with the run/walk combo at a goal pace of 8:15/mile.

On another note, I found out last night that I got into Miwok 100K on May 2nd. The only race I'm waiting on now is Hard Rock and I'll know my fate the first week in February.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I loved Miwok....