Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Thursday, January 8, 2009

10 myles - 1.09:31

Daniels Park - Noon
low 60s, no wind, almost dry
mind/body - very strong
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 60+ minutes - easy/steady effort

Actual workout: 10 myles 1.09:31 - easy/steady effort - 6:57 avg.

I felt really good today. In fact, when I was done I almost felt cheated that I didn't even get a good workout in and contemplated going back out... I talked myself out of it because I have a big run coming up this weekend - 6 hours worth. All of this speed work makes a 10 mile run with under 7 avg/mile a walk in the park. By the end of the week I should have somewhere around 90 myles, which is a rare thing for me - even when getting ready for a 100 mile race. In some respects, because of all the speed work, I'm looking past RR 100 and thinking about how I'm gonna do at WTC 50K - pretty excited to go after Uli's record.... Pbbbbhhhhhfffttt - yeah right! But a PR nonetheless would be pretty cool!

No comments: