Photo courtesy of Andrew King - D4 Productions

Sunday, January 4, 2009

19 myles - 2.42:50

HR Urban Trails - 11:00 A.M.
15 degrees, North wind, 4 inches of fresh snow
mind/body - really eager
easy effort

Prescribed workout: 1 hour + or - depending upon mileage wanted for the week

Actual workout: 19 myles - 2.42:50 - avg. 8:34

Back in Colorado after a week in Utah - fun trip visiting family and friends! I was eager to get out today and apparently my body was too - after the prescribed hour I just kept running because I felt so good. It seems as though the 2 and 1/2 hour runs are the new 1 hour runs for me. This was a real easy effort from the beginning and with all the slippery snow I didn't mind the slow pace - besides I need to know what it feels like with gas in the tank. With all the speed work I've been putting in the 8:30 pace is virtual effortless - guess that's the point right? I was hoping to hit about 8:30/mile to simulate a pace for a flat 100 mile, sea level course - 1 of 5 laps down! 4 and 5 are the two I'm worried about....

I end the week with 76 myles for a total of 11 hours and 32 minutes. Next week I'll solidify my racing schedule for 2009. It's gonna be a fun year!

3 comments:

AJW said...

Hmmm, 100 mile sea level course? Loops 4 and 5? You're coming to Rocky aren't you? Should be fun.

AJW

Unknown said...

Yep - just registered today! Had to make sure my training was gonna be up to par before I said anything.

See you then!

brownie said...

Jeez, you hire Paul as a coach and in no time you've slowed down to paces I could run!